Keep informed about our journey, Gay Into Straight America! Each week, we send out a newsletter. Below are links to the ones we have sent since the beginning of our year long journey, which began September 11, 2005. The most current one is at the top. Note: The last newsletter for this journey will be the December, 2006 newsletter, since our year long journey will be over; however, Stand UP Speak OUT, Inc. will continue with other projects. Gay Into Straight America was its initial one. Click here and sign up to receive our newsletter that will come from Stand UP Speak OUT in 2007. Those who have already been receiving this newsletter will automatically receive our Stand UP Speak OUT...Live Authentic newsletter.
Sign up today for our FREE e-newsletter.
Latest Research & Articles
Aug 15, 2005
We initially added the first link on this part of the website on August 15, 2005, before we officially kicked off our journey, Gay Into Straight America, on September 11, 2005. We will continue to update with recent articles that are helpful in creating a greater understanding of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons.
- Coming Out as Transgender, a groundbreaking resource guide produced by the Human Rights Campaign and the National Center for Transgender Equality in 2007.
- A female spouse's FAQ about life with her husband as a transgender person
- The Bible & Homosexuality - Power Point Presentation by Steve Parelli, Executive Director, Other Sheep
- Stand UP Speak OUT...We ARE the Solution
- From Myth to Empowerment...How GLBLT can Shift
- "Lifestyle"...co-opting a word to denigrate GLBT
- Talk about it: HRC's Guide about Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Issues
- John Gottman's Research on same gender couples
- Human Sexual Orientation...As a Gift or as Sin...by Melvin Wheatley
- Is Homosexuality a Sin? A panel of theologians addresses three questions relative to this topic.
- Eunuchs-God's Special People...by Rev. Dr. Bill Stayton
- Peggy Campolo and her husband, evangelical speaker Tony Campolo, share their different views on gays and lesbians (listen on the internet or download to MP3 player)
- Jamison Green's Keynote Speech at Southern Comfort, 2005
- Jefferson, Madison and their Evangelical Pals...Religious Freedom resulted from an unlikely alliance: Evangelicals & Skeptics
- Youth in the Crosshairs: The Third Wave of Ex-Gay Activism
- David vs. Goliath: A Report on Faith Groups working for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equality (and what they're up against)
- Dr. Robert Minor's "When Religion is An Addiction"
- Stephen Parelli, former Baptist minister, and his partner, Jose Ortiz:
Why two men are no longer "ex-gay."
- False Prophet: How Reverend Ken Hutcherson Launched a Nonexistent Boycott
- Public Schools Looking at Bible Literacy Class
- Judge strikes down Maryland ban on marriage for same gender persons
- Shifting views from politicians in Maryland
- Our Unbroken Vows: In defense of clergy who show the full grace of Jesus Christ to homosexual persons
- Accepting What Cannot Be Changed...a timeless article written in 1999 by David G. Myers, who went onto write the following book:
What God Has Joined Together: A Christian Case for Gay Marriage
by David G. Myers, Letha Dawson Scanzoni (go to this link and click on this book title)
- Kerry Pacer named Advocate's "Person of the Year."
- Biblical Marriage: A Bad Source for Debate? You decide.
- South Africa legalizes marriage for same gender persons
- Marriage for Gays & Lesbians
- Why Marriage Matters by Evan Wolfson
- Gay Priests...Is there a Problem?
- GSA's second class status ends at Colorado High School
- A Sense of Spirituality...A Transwoman's Story
- WNBA MVP Sheryl Swoopes comes out of her closet
- Sheryl Swoopes in The Advocate
- What the Bible Says, And Doesn't Say, About Homosexuality
- Affirm vs Promote
- A False Focus on My Family
- Christian Youth: An Important Voice in the Present Struggle for Gay Rights in America
- Coming Out: A Domino Game
- Lutheran parents of gay son: Why we must look for a new church home
- Methodist Reconciling Ministries Network Meeting, September, 2005
- Our Right to Marry
- Saturday Chat with Matt Foreman, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Executive Director
- Why Denver Gays Keep One Foot in the Closet
- Superintent of Ga. school bans clubs to block gay-straight alliance
- Straight Writers, Gay Rights
- Sexuality can't be changed like a pair of shoes
- Toni Adkins to serve as San Diego's Deputy Mayor
- Kansas Hipocrisy
- Nashua Gay Marriage Heading Draws 300 Speakers
- Lars Clausen article...Straight Into Gay America
- The Gift of Being Gay
- Poll: Support for same-sex marriage increases
- United Church of Christ overwhelming passes a resolution in support of equal marriage rights for all people, regardless of gender.
- Canada to become the 3rd nation to extend civil marriage rights to same gender couples
- Spain becomes the 2nd nation to extend civil marriage rights to same gender couples...The Prime Minister speaks out
- PFLAG Open Letter to Southern Baptist Conference
- PFLAG speaks out about Reparative Therapy
- Framing Progressive Values
- Your Progressive Elevator Speech
- Fruit Flies, Gene Shift Tilts Sex Orientation
- Committed & Healthy Relationships by Steve Garnaas-Holmes
- What The Bible Does/Doesn't Say About Homosexuality
- Love Won Out Report from Minneapolis, 2004, by National Gay & Lesbian Task Force